The Aim: This Open Competition endeavours to increase participation in the Coventry CC Wednesday Evening, Type ‘B’ Event Programme. It is hoped this will make the Series more interesting for the riders; encourage longer term involvement with the sport & make the Events more worthwhile to organise. Only Events Organised by & contained within the Coventry CC Type ‘B’ Calendar will qualify for this Competition.
All Coventry CC Events are Promoted for & on behalf of ‘Cycling Time Trials’ & run under their Rules & Regulations.
If paying by Cheque, Please make payable to Coventry Cycling Club.
1. There will be separate Competitions for Men & Women. The Competitions are open to All Comers & equal Prize Money will be paid in each Competition.
2. Prize Money will be paid on the Final Result; in this inaugural year it will be a minimum of £40 for 1st place; £30 for 2nd place; £20 for 3rd place & £10 for 4th place. Over & above this further Prize Money, if any, will be depend on the number of Competitors Registering for the Series. Note: it is not intended for the Series to be run at a profit; all Registration Fee’s within each Competition will be paid back as Prizes in that Competition.
3. To Qualify for the Final Result each Registered Competitor will require to have ridden at least one Event on each of the six 10 Mile courses used within the Series: i.e. K10/10; K10/0F; K11/10; K11/10B; K12/10 & K41/10R. Note: there are a minimum of two Events available to ride on each course within the Coventry CC 2020 Calendar of Events.
4. The Competitions will be run on a Points Based system, not Time Based. In the event of a Draw on Points, the average speed in mph of the six qualifying rides associated with the best points awarded on each Course, calculated to three decimal points, will determine Final Positions.
5. Points will be awarded only to Registered Competitors in each Series Event. Points will be based on their position relative to one another in that Event, with the fastest rider awarded 20 points, 2nd fastest 19 points etc. These same point values will be awarded, irrespective of the number of Registered Competitors that have ridden in each individual Event. Note: not all riders in each Series Event will necessarily be Registered in the Competition.
6. Should a Registered Competitor ride more than one event on a particular course within the Series, their highest points value awarded on that course will be used to determine their final placing. It is their time associated with this ride that will be used to calculate their average speed should it become necessary.
7. Competitors will only be awarded points following Competition Registration & making a one off payment of £10 to take part in the Series. This is a totally separate payment to the normal event Entry Fee which will be £4 for each event. Note: retrospective points for new Registrations will not be awarded.
8. Advance notification of a Riders intent to Register for the competition can be made by Email to email@example.com stating Name, Club (if any), Emergency Contact telephone number & personal Email address. Payment must be made prior to Starting their first Series Event; this can be done either by cheque/post to B A Harden, 29 Guilsborough Road, Binley, Coventry CV3 2HL; or at an Event Signing On point.
9. Series Results will be posted on the Coventry CC Website, www.coventrycyclingclub.co.uk, which will be updated after each Event.