Unless advised otherwise by CTT following the Governments announcement due on 4th July we intend to commence our 2020 Wednesday evening Club Event Calendar starting on 15th July, (K11/10B, 7.31pm start). However, to meet the guide lines issued by CTT & follow the Governments social gathering criteria we need to do things a little differently than normal.
Please familiarise yourself with the following arrangements that we intend to introduce & come prepared.
Note: We will not be running the proposed 10 Mile Points Series this year due to the loss of so many qualifying events to date.
Turning Up & Signing On
- The normal ‘Signing On Sheet’ will be available on a small table with a set of new Numbers & Pins. Take the top Number & Sign On in the next available slot; make a note of your Start Time. The table will not be attended so bring your own pen together with the correct money, (£4), which is to be put in the ‘Honesty Box’; no change will be given.
- Do not turn up at the Start Line more than 2 or 3 minutes prior to your Start Time.
- There will be no Pushing Off, everyone is to Self Start.
- After your ride do not return to the Timekeeper to enquire your Time. We will do our best to confirm this after the Event, but worst case is that the full Result will be on the Club Website the following day; www.coventrycyclingclub.co.uk
- Catering will NOT be available; so don’t forget to bring yourself a drink!
- The Number that you have taken on your first ride in one of our Type B Events is to be retained by you & used again each time you ride another of our Type B Events this year.
- In any further rides in our Type B Events this year bring your personal Number with you & Sign On in the normal way taking the next available slot on the sheet, enter your personal Number alongside your name & note your Start Time; be aware this will most likely have no bearing on your personal Number.
- In future events it is your responsibility to turn up at the Start Line, again only 2 or 3 minutes prior to your Start Time, miss your slot & you will probably need to go to the back of the field.
We will do our best to make it all work, but ultimately you will all play a big part in it’s success or failure.